Saturday, October 25, 2008

A new series in terraintamer.blogspot.com

Q1 exams got over yesterday. Q2 will be starting in full flow from Monday. I Need to read through 2 two topics for Strategy class. And by "reading" I mean I need to be completely through with the topics & also gather few points for class participation. My gut feeling that I may need to slog the entire Q2 like we did in last 2 weeks before Q1 exams.


The past few months in Rotman has been a truly International experience for me. My classmates are from 30 odd countries. For any topic discussion in the class, each student brings out her perspective that's so unique to their culture & different from mine that I instantaneously feel "wow !! what an amazing point that was". This has inspired me to start a new series on my blog. I am planning to interact with some of my classmates & understand what's unique in their country/culture that many of us don't know of. Then I'm gonna compile it on my blog with a title like "10 things I didn't know about countryX".
Hopefully, this exercise will let me learn a little bit more about global cultures & also spread the "gyan" to you guys..

For a starter, did you know that "hola" with stress on "A" is Portuguese & "hola" with stress on "O" is Spanish? Basically, you greet a Brazilian with the 1st option & any other person from Latin America with the 2nd option.


Ciao..

No comments: