Sunday, June 8, 2008

some respite atlast..

So, after eventually getting the education loan sanction letter, I for the Canadian Visa on 06/06/08 ( 6th of June in either American or English style :) ). So now the waiting starts. Hope everything goes fine & I get my Visa before July 28th, 6 PM, the time for my flight.

After running from pillar to post during the past few weeks, I certainly deserved a break. So I headed off with Vinay & Raj to one our friend's brother's marriage in Tiptur. I had armed myself with the Canon S5 IS & wanted to try something myself after seeing so many mesmerizing pics in BWS.
Here's a link to some of the better 1's:
http://picasaweb.google.com/raghu.ramu/TipturTrip
The quantity is low coz of the high battery consumption of this cam. But thanks to the cam, I made an effort to explore this small town, somewhere in the middle of southern Karnataka & got to learn a few things about this place:
There were umpteen number of British style old buildings, many dating back to early 1900's. This showed that this town was well developed even during pre-Independence era & was of importance to the British Raj. The is in quite a contrast to other similar towns I had been to, such as Kolar, Chintamani, Chikkaballapur, etc. These towns must have gained importance and prosperity more recently due to proximity to the capital, Bangalore & even more recently due to the real estate boom.
So, this begs the question, what does Tiptur have that the other latter towns lack?
I guess I should be the coconut trade that happens here. Apparently, this place is supposed to be having one of the largest coconut godowns in India. That's the answer in a nutshell.. :)
Speaking of godowns, I have suddenly realized even I need to shelve myself off into my godown now till morning.
Good bye..

No comments: