Friday, August 1, 2008

a glutton's dream come true..

Just have look at my this week's (last week in India) schedule. It's sure gonna make the glutton in u get mouth-watering dreams.. :)
Tuesday dinner -- @ Vinay's house. As usual Raj had come late, but was trying to pass the blame on me & Machi. But we are well-versed with his ways. The food was typical South-Indian Vysya fare. His mom had taken pains to prepare some wonderful coconut obbattus. Plus there were lots of other sweets, tasty fried items, sweetened sambar, etc & ending with the typical serving of puffed rice!!

Wednesday lunch -- treat given by me to my Alcatel-Lucent team. Dominos Pizzas with various delicious toppings. Had to make a hard negotiation with the cashier to get a decent discount.

Wednesday dinner -- @ my cousin's house. His wife had prepared some amazing kababs, chicken chops & mutton curry; all giving a terrific combination to the ragi mudde.

Thursday dinner -- @ Raj's house. As usual, he was late, making all of us furious. But our furiousity was dampened soon by his mother's cooking. Although non-veg was the main course, his mother had taken pains to prepare vegetarian food for the vegitarian parties of our gang: Vinay & Manja. For the non-vegitarians, we had chilly chicken & mutton fry & a very thin mutton curry that my mom occassionally prepares. In no time, each of us had downloaded 2 generous servings of rice..

Friday lunch -- gave a treat to my Sasken team. Yet again, it was a pizza treat, since nothing seemed to fit my "tight budget". We got a good number of pizzas & everyone were quite filled in the end..

Friday dinner -- @ Manja's house. His mom comes closest to my mom in terms of taste. I reason out this could be because both of them hail from the same geographical area of South Eastern Karnataka (his mom is from Kolar & mine is from Devanahalli, just 40 kms apart) & hence a similar use of ingredients & preparation methods.
Ok, analysis apart, his mom had prepared wonderful dal obbattu & jamoon (esp. for Raj & Vinay). As such, even I am not a very big connoisuer of obbattu, but its preparation is such a tedious & pain-staking process that you need to eat few as gratitude for the cook. The dal rasam was so delicious that I helped myself with some more servings of rice.

Tomorrow's breakfast is in my home. Mom has said she'll prepare Vegetable Palav & jamoon.

So this was my eating itinery for this week. Now, dont u think this wld make anybody's mouth water?

Before I end this write-up, my heartfelt thanks to all my friends & cousins & their families for showing so much love & affection towards me.

No comments: