Sunday, March 16, 2008

after a long time..

Dear friend,
Its been quite a long break after my last post, apologies for that. This is an humble effort revive this "just another" temporary past-time of sorts into a life long commimment..
Commitment ?? Isn't this 1 scary word for all you guys? Ok, I havn't committed to any Bengaluru girl but committed to myself & you that from here on I'm gonna make atleast 1 entry into this blog every week.
(Only HE knows how long this ಶಪಥ is gonna stay)
So, what to write on this newly renovated terraintamer.blogspot.com?
Why not start off with telling what was I upto in past one month or so..
I finally decided that its gonna be Rotman (http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca) to pursue my MBA.
So currently running around, looking for funds & Visa processing.
For the funding part, a far-relative has agreed to sign as a co-signer for the IEFC loan (http://www.iefc.com/intl/intl_index.cfm) that I'm applying for. Seems the rate-of-interest here is much less compared to Indian banks. Still lot of work needs to be done on this end. Will keep you posted on this.
For the Visa, currently I'm skimming through some docs in CIC (cic.gc.ca), or in otherwords, just doing time-pass.

In the meanwhile, I'm also into a lot of fun stuff. (Frankly, this para shld have been 1st, coz I've spent abt 8೦% of my time here)
Have also been exercising my taste-buds a lot by experimenting with some high-dining as well. Had been to 100 ft. Italian Restaurant with my gang to celebrate my birthday.
birthday cake from LJ Iyengar's bakery = Rs 110
spiceless Italian food after the cake = priceless

Hope this communicates what the general feeling abt this cuisine among my friends.. :)
Later, we tried other food such as Managlore style in Kudla, Thia-Indonesian style in ASEAN, etc.
I've also started reading novels of late. What better way to start of than reading the ever-evergreen Malegallalli Madumagalu from Vishwamanava Shri. Kuvempu? More about this in later posts.
Last week had been to Vinay's native Dodda Tekala Vatti (well, an interesting name indeed).

Salsa classes are going great, had missed out the last 3, so seems like of covering needs to be done.

Its bye for now..all the best for this week..
see u soon..

No comments: