Wednesday, March 26, 2008

stone pellets from the heavens

It seemed as though the stage was set for the rain Gods to show me what a 'real' Indian monsoon meant.
"ok dad, I'm on 'the bridge', will be home in 5 mins" & hung my dad's call as I was riding my bike, still partly dry in the drizzle. No sooner did I put my phone in my pocket, the clouds increased their downpour. It initially hit my helmet & I felf as though someone from the top were throwing stone pellets at me. As the visibilty became worse, I lifted the trasparent face protection of my helmet & continued riding. I felt a sudden chill on my chest as the near-freezing rain poured on me. All this happened in a matter of 10 seconds. A relatively dry me was completely drenched just in a distance of 100 meters.
It was at that very moment I felt that the rain Gods had decided to show me the 'real' Indian monsoon. Never ever in my 4 years of bike riding had I been so completely drenched.

Anyway, I slowly chugged along & reached home & dried myself. The only causality of this entire ordeal was one of my most dearest & faithful friends - my Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone. This dear friend had been with me through my thick & thin from the past 2 yrs. I dried it & removed as much water as possible, but it simply wouldn't switch on.
There is no power now, as I ended this post, I instinctively picked my mobile up to switch on the torch, but remembered the cold reality. So I am off to my bed now in the cold darkness. Good night.

No comments: